Archive for April 2011
On Saturday, April 16th downtown Oshkosh will be flooded with pub crawlers. This is your “how to guide” to have an awesome time.
1. Team meet up – It is impossible to arrange a meeting point for all the pub crawlers because there is no building on Main Street that can house 2000+ people. This means that individual teams typically meet up somewhere before heading downtown. Meeting up and talking before heading out is a great way to keep your team together during the crawl.
2. Keep it moving – There are going to be a lot of people out during the crawl and the best way to keep bars from becoming over crowded is to not hang around too long.
3. Watch your teammates - This is not a drinking contest. If you’ve noticed that someone on your team has had too much to drink then maybe you should get them a water at the next bar and not another shot. This event starts at 5:00pm so pace yourself and know your limits.
4. Photo scavenger hunt - You know you already have a thousand photos of yourself posing with friends at some bar. Have some fun with the Photo Scavenger Hunt. LIST HERE
5. Respect the police – There will be extra officers patrolling main street during the crawl. They are there for your safety and protection, so please treat them with respect. The best way to not get in trouble during the crawl is to urinate in a bathroom, not punch other people, drink responsibly, and cross the street at a cross walk. This rule also applies to your fellow crawlers. We are all here to have fun and nothing ruins a good time more than a couple of douchers.
Below is the 2011 Oshkosh Fall Pub Crawl scavenger hunt sheet. Take these during the crawl and submit them to the UPLOAD section of the site. If you don’t accomplish all of these you’ve failed at the pub crawl and might as well give up on life.
- Team Photo (duuhhhhhh)
- Team Pyramid
- With another team
- Team Cage Photo
- Outside Dance studio
Individual Photos (one or more team members)
- Photobombing another team
- With bar owner or manager
- Make-out (couples, you don’t count, so get a room)
- Piggy back ride
- A girl from another team that’s taller than a guy on your team (the bigger the difference the better)
- Drinking upside down
- Wearing Burger King crown
- Body shot
- Superman and/or Superwoman (Guys - underwear over pants, Girls – Bra over shirt)
- With a pub crawl organizer
- Dancing on bar (ask first)
Bonus Photos (good luck with these)
- With college professor
- Teammate shamed
- Teammate in nothing but a pub crawl shirt
- Teammate completely wet
- Teammate in a costume
- Whole team in a bathroom stall